Peanut Butter Banana + Chocolate Sweet Panini

banana panini1 Peanut Butter Banana + Chocolate Sweet Panini

If Elvis Ate Organic…

It is widely known that the King had lustful cravings for fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I can envision these beauties being served to him with a scene of hankering hip swaying and an ultimate falling to the knees. If only I had the chance to serve him this version oozing with chocolate and a sprinkling of crystalline sea salt.

I love panini for their sheer simplicity. They have a slim list of ingredients and thus it is imperative to use the BEST ingredients you can find. Even if that means flying it in from Italy, France or Zimbabwe!

Last year my panini press broke at the Lincoln Park boutique and I was devastated at the thought of my pressing being temporarily halted.  So, I had to improvise. As they say, necessity is the mother of invention. I began using my waffle iron to press panini and I haven’t missed that old press since. You can also place the sandwich in an iron skillet and cover it with another iron skillet. You will have to flip the sandwich with this method since heat is only coming from one side. Or, use a clothing iron on the other side.

This Organic Peanut Butter, Chocolate and Banana panini is particularly special when using a specific butter that has coarse grains of grey sea salt in the butter. It is from Isigny Ste Mere and can be found at Wholefoods or other specialty markets. If you can’t find the butter, mix some coarse Maldon Sea Salt from England or Murray River Pink Flake Salt from Australia into softened unsalted butter.

I like to serve panini wrapped in parchment paper and tied with butcher twine. Or, cut them and line them up on a wooden board at parties.  My favorite is the wine barrel lazy Susan from Vivaterra.

Further experimentation of savory and sweet panini is my wont so stay tuned for many more varietals to pop up soon.

Organic Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Panini

Yields One Sandwich.

Equipment needed: Panini press or waffle iron or clothes iron and cast iron pan

2 Italian country bread slices about 4-5 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick
2 tbsp Sea salted butter, the great French brand, Isigny Ste Mere or make your own by mixing 1/2 tsp Maldon salt and 2 tbsp of a fabulous butter. One of my favorites is from Vermont Butter and Cheese Company
Pinch Maldon salt
2 squares Vosges‘ Organic Peanut Butter Bonbon Bar
½ organic banana

Spread butter on all sides of the bread. Place peanut butter bar squares on one piece of bread, followed by sliced banana and a sprinkle of salt. Place other piece of buttered bread on top and press with Panini press until golden brown.

Tips:

-Make sure your bread doesn’t have many gaping holes or your fillings may seep through and burn on the iron.

- If you don’t have a Panini press substitute with a waffle iron as you see I did in the photos. Or try a cast iron skillet hold with a clothes iron on top – quite the contraption I assure you.

-Make sure the bread you use isn’t overly crusty or it may cut your mouth a bit when pressed. At the same time, don’t choose a overly soft bread, not a good sign of quality bread and it won’t have the rigidity needed. I suggest a crusty ciabatta or Italian peasant bread.

-Use Organic or home grown where possible.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tags: , , ,

19 Responses to “Peanut Butter Banana + Chocolate Sweet Panini”

1. CakeSpy says:

This is my kind of sandwich!

2. Betty K says:

A decadently luxurious spin on a low-down guilty treat! Have to add one sour note: “Panino” is the Italian singular – one sandwich; “panini” is the plural. No such beast as “paninis.” :-)

3. Shannalee says:

Brilliant! I have regretted my lack of a sandwich press, but there is definitely a waffle iron around here somewhere. I know exactly what to do with it now! Thanks!

4. raquel raney says:

Woah! loving your blog. such great images! thanks for sharing. .

5. carli says:

Lord have mercy…this sounds AMAZING! I’ll be making this in a day or two. Thanks for posting. I love your creativity and can’t wait to try out some of these recipes!

I put a link to your site on my blog…hope you don’t mind. Feel free to check it out if you’d like. It is titled “Velveeta Ain’t Food”

6. molly says:

I was wondering how the bread came out looking like it does, a waffle iron! what innovation! Chefs never cease to amaze me when it comes to improvisation in the kitchen. the panini sounds delish too.

7. Miakoda says:

They look sooo appealing, the perfect snack!

8. Ken Albala says:

Katrina, This is such a fabulous idea. I am breaking out my waffle iron tonight!

I’m still waiting for tobacco to show up in chocolate. Do you remember trying some in the parking lot of Copia with me a few years ago?

Ken

9. [...] Equipment needed: Panini press or waffle iron or clothes iron and cast iron pan (for more on these tricks, click here) [...]

10. [...] to try: Peanut Butter, Banana, and Chocolate Sweet Panini — Peace, Love, and [...]

11. gamergf says:

If Elvis ate organic peanut butter and sea-salted butter, I’m pretty sure he’d still die of a heart attack.

At least this would be a more delicious demise.

12. [...] Second is a sweet panini that you can make even if you don’t have a press. Bonus points are awarded for the suggestions of types of bread suited to the recipe. [...]

13. Jeff Stewart says:

A mate recommended me to read this site, great post, interesting read… keep up the cool work!

14. Yummy delicious radtasticness!!! and that goes for your new Peanut Butter Chocolate Bar.
    Which comes to my thought that I was always wondering when someone would come out
    with a higher end Peanut Butter Chocolate Bar!!! Woot Woot!!!

15. [...] on my mind since reading pearls of wisdom from this great chef.  She has been posting recipes for chocolate peanut butter banana panini, bacon chocolate panini and more. [...]

16. Lou Colen says:

just tasted, with joy, your “Red Fire” bar and find it most unsual and quite good.
    Please E-I’ve M me a list of you chcolate products.
    If you have a peiodic Newsletter, place me on your list to receive such.Many THX, Lou Colen
    E-M address is L620@aol.com
    PS Where and how do I place purhcase orders.

17. Leah Perez says:

i love both peanut butter and cheeze as the filling of my morning sandwhich.’,;

18. Fabie says:

I think I am in love. The waffle iron panini is ingenious.

19. Janiceocn says:

Il y a beaucoup de grands sacs empty les femmes dans la collection et il y a maintenant nouvelles de la marque que les gens peuvent envisager d’acheter .Ces deux sacs d’emballage sont présentés dans un nouveau blog à xvanessa bruno sac
    et conformément au présent article , les gens peuvent choisir soit un sac brun expresso ou un sac noir uni .Ces sacs de créateurs sont fabriqués à partir de cuir fin italien et peut être porté comme un sac à mains ou un sac de messager .Ils viennent tous deux avec une longue sangle entièrement amovible et avoir beaucoup d’espace rush garder divers objets en creator , il y a deux poches zippées à l’avant, ainsi que d’un grand compartiment first avec zip intérieur et poches de glissement .Commentant ces nouveaux produits , un porte-parole de xvanessa bruno sac
    ,Après avoir passé un flash de détente le dimanche après-midi la recherche en ligne discharge voir quels sont les nouveaux sacs sont disponibles , j’ai été agréablement surpris de croiser ces deux articles de qualité à partir de la Linea Pelle Collecion . Personnellement, je préfère le sac marron expresso sur le noir , mais ils sont tous les deux très belles, et cabas vanessa bruno
    sont également très pratiques motor car vanessa bruno cabas
    sont facilement assez grand rush transporter votre téléphone carriable , maquillage , bourse, etc De addition étant donné qu’ils sont fabriqués à partir de cuir fin , vanessa bruno sac cuir
    vont inévitablement être solides et durables . Elles devraient donc durer longtemps et devraient facilement justifier l’étiquette relativement élevé des prix. Ils peuvent et doivent être réutilisés, mais il y a une exception importante. Ils ne peuvent pas être utilisés pour le happiness de ketchup. Les mauvaises choses qui se passera si vous essayez d’effectuer ketchup dans un de ces cabas vanessa bruno
    . Vraiment mauvaises choses. Si vous pensez que Employment avait des problèmes avec les furoncles et assis sur un tas de cendres, ce n’est rien comparé à ce qui se passera si vous essayez de mettre ce mal étoffe rouge dans un de ces sacs.Le cabas vanessa bruno sac cuir
    pâmer à l’évocation, un mean de l’industrie et de l’artisanat au cœur de et l’endroit le plus fabuleux spew out passer une journée entière entre shibori coton teints ou en français dentelle d’héritage. Alors, imaginez clarification nous sommes ravis d’être loin du cabas cabas vanessa bruno
    donner quatre éditions limitées douces Totes carré de coeur de la boutique à nos lecteurs. Les acheteurs de toile lourds comportent un coeur tissé gai conçu level Honey & Bloom d’un côté, et le logo Britex classique de l’autre côté. Avec de longues poignées et à 14 second-rate 16 pouces sacs.Ce sacs peut faire soulever des objets lourds, mais vraiment j’aime juste me annonçant comme un keyboard rusé spurt tous ceux qui me voit porter.C’est le dernier de la saison. Instructeur vous guidera à travers les méthodes de construction des tissus du cabas Vanessa Bruno build avec une flopée d’accessoires amusants pensez cocons de vers à soie, les capsules de coton et-surtout-un buffet rempli de délicieux beignets et la caféine de café Four Barrel.cabas vanessa bruno
    Série de forfaits teem répondre à la tendance de la fad , mais il leur manque leur propre créativité et la connotation , se joindre à un graffeur professionnel,Conçu avec les éléments classiques chinois de graffiti ,Conte de fées rempli d’encre de do chinois ,Peddle en absorbant les vanessa bruno cabas
    créateurs de notre pedestal de consommateursItalie , par concours de graffiti de parrainage , une sélection d’œuvres exceptionnelles , la producing de sacs en édition limitée. Course des gens différents , de concevoir added to de look,xvanessa bruno sac
    ,La point of view caractères gras déformées , nylon et cuir ; artistry les gain chaudes de comfort bang contemporaine aussi pas moins .Des dizainesLangues et répétait taille sont mélangés , de sorte que votre sacs est plein de psychédélique , la femme peur de décoration de paquet de la assess de trop, même un Les individus ont 100 sacs , est raisonnable ,Alors éléments du utiliseront sans refrain,Chevrons rétro, pouleEt autres motifs géométriques ,Elégant et manque de vanessa bruno cabas
    personnalité,Vous n’avez pas le charme.NPC innocence plutôt d’autant plus aimer le monde de la bande dessinée conte de fées royaume,Sacs pastel avec affinité. Comme l’annonce de la société dans les sacss de la série all-inclusive , j’ai mon variety ., Ne laissez jamaisVous portez votre favori .